Need the ISO to send a document to you by express mail?
Current students and alumni may send the ISO an express shipping mailing label via the methods below. Please note that the ISO does not accept direct cash/check payment for express mailing.
Newly admitted MIT degree and non-degree students should not use the information below to request express shipping. MIT will directly pay for the shipping cost of your initial immigration document.
For U.S. Domestic Express Mailing
Please select one of the mailing options below.
- Log in to iMIT and submit an "Express Shipping Mailing Request" to pay by credit card, PalPal, or wire transfer via our partner, UEMS. UEMS will automatically notify the ISO when the shipping label is ready. For instructions on how to use UEMS, see below. For U.S. domestic shipments, the ISO accepts FedEx shipping labels ONLY.
- Send the ISO a pre-paid shipping label by email. The ISO accepts FedEx shipping labels ONLY.
- If you are unable to make a mailing label, you may make alternate arrangements to have a friend come to the ISO, pick up the document, and ship it to you. Please inform the ISO with all details regarding this choice, so that we have the documents prepared in advance.
- If express mailing is not required, please contact the ISO to request mailing of your document by regular U.S. Postal Service at the ISO's expense.
For International Express Mailing
- Log in to iMIT and submit an "Express Shipping Mailing Request" to pay by credit card, PalPal, or wire transfer via our partner, UEMS. UEMS will automatically notify the ISO when the shipping label is ready. For instructions on how to use UEMS, see below. The ISO will accept carrier shipment labels from FedEx and DHL for international addresses ONLY. UEMS is the only option available for ISO international mailing requests.
UEMS Express Mail Service
The ISO has partnered with eShipGlobal's UEMS service to manage our express shipping process.
The UEMS service is an express mail service that will allow you to receive your documents through DHL or FedEx. The DHL and FedEx mailing may be paid by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover cards only), PayPal, or wire transfer. To request express mailing of your documents, go to iMIT and request an Express Shipping Mailing.
Once you submit this online form, you will be redirected to the eShipGlobal website; please read these instructions now. This express mailing shipment will be at your expense, so please have your credit card or payment method ready when you access the eShipGlobal website.
You will not be able to access MIT's UEMS Student portal through a direct link, you may only access the website after clicking the online form "Submit" button.
- Log into UEMS/eShipGlobal by clicking "Submit"
- You will be prompted to create an account with your MIT email address.
- Create a password for your account and note your password for future shipping transactions. Please do not use the same password as your kerberos account.
- After creating your account, select "RECEIVE DOCUMENTS FROM UNIVERSITY"
- Enter your shipping address where you would like the document to be sent, the type of express mail service (FedEx or DHL), and pay for your shipment. If you plan to ship your documents to someone else, please enter your name first followed by "care of" instructions. For example, enter "Your Name c/o Friend's Name".
- Once you submit your information, you will see a Shipment Summary page. At this time, your mailing label will be electronically sent to the ISO. The ISO will print the shipping label when your document is ready to be mailed and you will receive an email with the tracking number. The mailing will occur 2 to 10 business days after the ISO receives the mailing label, depending on the type of document requested.
- If you would like to have a new I-20 or DS-2019 be issued and have not yet submitted the corresponding online E-Form request, please do so immediately.
- If you do not complete the shipping order when you are redirected to the UEMS/eShipGlobal website, please return to Express Shipping Mailing Request Form and select "Access eShipGlobal to Generate Shipping Label" link at the top of the form.
If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please email or call UEMS at 1-800-816-1615. You may also check on the status of your shipment by logging in to UEMS/eShipGlobal.