It is the responsibility of each international student to maintain his or her status. He or she must meet certain obligations in order to maintain status.
How to maintain your F-1 or J-1 status:
- Always keep your Form I-20 / DS-2019 valid
- Extend Form I-20 / DS-2019 before expiration date
- Keep Passport valid at all times
- Register as a full-time student every semester
- Work no more than 20 hours per week on-campus during the academic year
- Do NOT work Off-campus without authorization from the ISO
- Request Form I-20/ DS-2019 Travel Signature before leaving the U.S.
- Report change of address at WEBSIS within 10 days
- Report Change of Academic Level, Major, and Funding at ISO
- File taxes by April 15th