Arrival at MIT
- Complete iMIT Online Check-In Process after arrival in the U.S.
You cannot request an MIT ID card without completing this process.
- Attend mandatory Student Immigration Information Session
Bring your passport, I-20/DS-2019 and a copy of your electronic I-94 to the session. Critical information regarding your student legal status will be given at the ISO session.
- Obtain MIT ID Card (Atlas Service Center, E17-106)
Save time at the card office by uploading your own photo at mycard.mit.edu in advance. Click “Submit ID Photo” to review the checklist and upload your photo.
- MIT Student Health Insurance Plan
MIT Graduate students are automatically enrolled in the MIT Student Health Insurance Plan. All dependents (spouse and children of MIT students) and non-degree students must enroll with the MIT Student Insurance Office. To enroll, or if you have questions about your student health insurance plan, you may contact the MIT Student Insurance Office by email (email@example.com) or by phone (617-253-1233). Find more information about the MIT Student Health Plans here.
- Register via MIT Online Registration
- Attend ISO Welcome events
Not available for Spring & Summer arrival. Fall scheduled events will be announced mid-summer.
- MIT Graduate Student Orientation (GSC) http://gsc.mitedu/
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our office and speak with your ISO advisor.