All incoming MIT international students must complete the Online Check-In forms (found under iMIT’s “Upon Arrival” menu). For Fall 2021, the ISO will have ALL international students (New and Continuing) complete the Online Check-In to verify study plans whether studying inside or outside the U.S. Online Check-In for Fall 2021 will be available in iMIT beginning on August 9, 2021.
Online Check-In is required. There is a 2-step Online Check-In process that will be completed by students pursuing the Fall 2021 semester on-campus or remotely from abroad. Students will not be able to complete enrollment registration for the term until after completing this Online Check-In. New students: Please see the ISO letter that was included with your immigration document (Form I-20 or Form DS-2019) and see our Orientation Program page for more details.
Students who were an MIT degree candidate in Spring 2021 or Summer 2021, and are moving into a new degree program this Fall 2021 semester will need to complete the Online-Check-In forms ONLY. These students do not need to attend an ISO Orientation Session.
New Students who began their program of study in Spring 2021 or Summer 2021 abroad and did not attend an ISO Orientation Session then will need to complete the full Online Check-In Process, whether pursuing the Fall 2021 semester.
Start Online Check-In Process
To start the Online Check-In process, follow the steps below.
- Go to imit.mit.edu and click “Login” under “Full Client Services for Students.”
- Enter your MIT kerberos/email information to log in.
- After logging into your iMIT account, click on the “Upon Arrival” menu item and then select “Fall 2021 Online Check-In.”
- ALL Students: Complete section “1. Student Status” and section “2. Student Category” (New/Transfer or Continuing Student) now, even before arrival to the U.S.
- New/Transfer Students: Complete section “3. Online Check-In Forms” only AFTER your arrival in the U.S.
- Continuing Students: Complete section “3. Online Check-In Forms” either AFTER your arrival in the U.S., OR from abroad if you will NOT be entering U.S. for Fall 2021.
- After completion of the Online Check-In eforms, an ISO staff member will review your information and clear your holds after confirming that we have received all necessary documentation. You will receive an email confirming the clearance of your Online Check-In hold.
If any questions arise, please feel free to contact the ISO (email@example.com). Thank you for your assistance and we look forward to the Fall semester with you.
Logging into the iMIT system will require DUO Authentication. The ISO recommends that students set up multiple DUO Authentication methods (other than text message) prior to arrival at MIT. For more information, please contact MIT Information and Systems Technology.
Tips for the Online Check-In Process
Please refer to the information below to ensure that your accurate information is submitted to our system. Following these tips will allow the ISO to review your electronic forms more quickly and allow us to approve your submission without extra steps.
U.S. Postal Addressing Standards
When entering a U.S. Address in the Online Check-In process, please use the format below to ensure that we can validate your address. Street 1 should be your delivery line address and Street 2 can include information such as your dorm name and apartment number. Please see the example below.
Uploading a Scanned Document: Image Resolution
The photos below depict poor resolutions and good resolutions. Please ensure that your uploaded files/images are clear and that the print in those files/images is legible. If your image has poor resolution, please upload a new image.
Obtaining a Form I-94 Record
For more information on how to obtain a Form I-94 Record, please see our page on Obtaining the Form I-94.