MIT Announces COVID-19 Response Update for IAP (January 2022)
On Tuesday, December 21, 2021, MIT announced changes in operations for IAP 2022.
Highlights of the announcement include the following:
- Omicron is rapidly changing the situation, and MIT is responding.
- January IAP will move forward in a modified fashion, with reduced density on campus.
- We are developing new approaches to isolation and dining for students who test positive.
- Undergraduate students should carefully consider whether to return to campus for IAP.
- We are strongly encouraging managers to have staff work remotely during January.
- Indoor masking will continue, and KN94/95 masks will be provided.
- Get your required booster shot as soon as possible; the MIT deadline for obtaining a booster is January 14, 2022.
- These efforts will allow us to learn and plan for an in-person spring term, which begins on January 31.
Please be sure to read the full announcement here.
Joint letters, from MIT Medical and the Dean of Student Life, were sent to MIT students regarding these updates; please read these letters here:
As a result of the MIT guidance for IAP, the ISO will be operating virtually from January 3, 2022 through January 21, 2022 (see ISO announcement above).
Please continue to check MIT NOW (https://now.mit.edu/) for updates on MIT’s COVID-19 Response.