MIT Coronavirus Resources
MIT Medical Resources on Coronavirus
MIT Medical has a dedicated webpage on resources and links for guidance on Coronavirus, including a helpful FAQ. This webpage will continue to be updated so it is recommended you check back regularly.
Continued Updates will be provided at http://web.mit.edu/covid19/
Please also see important community-wide communications on the Coronavirus below:
- March 11, 2020 – Update to MIT Students: Time sensitive information about moving and resources
- March 10, 2020 – MIT to move to Online Instruction for the Remainder of the Spring 2020 term (IMPORTANT GUIDANCE — Please Read Full Letter) — President Reif Letter Regarding Significant New Step in Response to COVID-19
- Classes continue until Friday, March 13.
- All classes are cancelled for Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 20 (also no classes during Spring Break, March 21-March 29)
- Undergraduate students should not return to campus after Spring Break (Undergraduates living an MIT residence or FSILG must pack their residence and depart campus by noon on Tuesday, March 17).
- International Undergraduate students may, under limited exceptions, be allowed to remain on campus for the remainder of the Spring term (further guidance from the Division of Student Life will be provided soon).
- Online instruction will begin for all classes on Monday, March 30 and continue for the remainder of the semester.
- Graduate Students living in MIT residences will NOT be required to move off campus, but those who can work remotely and can live away from campus are encouraged to do so.
- March 5, 2020 – President Reif Letter Regarding MIT Response to The Coronavirus Disease
- March 5, 2020 – MIT Emergency Management Establishes COVID-19 Planning Team and Working Groups
- February 2, 2020 – Coronavirus Travel Registration Form – from Chancellor Barnhart, Provost Schmidt, MIT Medical Director Stuopis – all individuals who have traved from China on or after January 19 are to complete a online Travel Registration Form and self-isolate.
- February 2, 2020 – U.S. Presidential Proclamation on Travel Restrictions to the U.S. from China — effective February 2, 2020 at 5:00pm Eastern time, the United States is suspending entry by individuals who were physically present in mainland China during the previous 14-day period. Please rease full text of the Presidential Proclamation here.
- January 31, 2020 – Coronavirus Update from Chancellor Barnhart and Provost Schmidt