REMINDER: USCIS Implements New Application Fees Increases, and certain New Form Versions, Effective October 2, 2020
As part of a final rule published by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on August 3, 2020, new application fees, and a new form version for certain applications, will apply to many USCIS applications effective October 2, 2020.
A copy of the final fee rule is available here.
Of particular note are the following, effective for all applications postmarked on or after October 2, 2020:
- Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization (for F-1 OPT, F-1 STEM OPT Extension, J-2 work permit)
- New Form version effective October 2, 2020 (replacing version 08/25/2020)
- New Fee amount = $550 (up from $410)
- Form I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status
- New Fee amount (paper filing) = $400 (up from $370)
Please be sure to review the form links above.
International Students applying for employment authorization should consult the ISO website for details on how to apply for F-1 Optional Practical Training, F-1 STEM Optional Practical Training Extension, and J-2 work permission.
If you have any questions about applications to USCIS, please contact your ISO Advisor.