Associate Director for Advising Outreach
Sylvia came to the United States as an international student on an F-1 visa. Because of her experience as a student from abroad, she can empathize with the international students whom she advises, and understands the challenges that they face.
Sylvia received a Master’s degree in Comparative Literature and an ABD in French 18th-Century History of Ideas from the University of Washington. She taught at the University of Washington and at Seattle Pacific University and at Lewis and Clark College, before coming east to Wellesley College, where she was the Director of the Slater International Center, the International Student and Scholar Advisor and International Study Advisor for many years.
Graduate Students in Courses:
- Naval Construction & Engineering (2)
- Architecture (4)
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science – PhD ONLY (6)
- Urban Studies & Planning (11)
- Nuclear Science & Engineering (22)
- Media Arts & Sciences (MAS)
- Real Estate Development (RED)