Most ISO forms can be found on our student portal - iMIT.mit.edu - and should be submitted electronically at that site. Information about these forms are provided here for the convenience of our students. Please note that some of the ISO forms still must be submitted in person to our office. Please direct any questions about these forms to ISO-HELP.
International Student Office Forms
Non-iMIT ISO Forms
- J-1 Academic Training Worksheet (132 kb PDF)
- Transfer Release Form (60 kb PDF)
- Certificate of Studies Request Form
- Express Shipping Mailing Request
- MIT Administrative Fee Payment Form (for OPT, STEM OPT, and AT)
To login to iMIT.mit.edu, you must have a valid Kerberos ID. These forms are filtered by visa status, so students will not see all the forms listed here unless applicable. See the descriptive information below regarding the online forms that are available at iMIT. The ISO requires a 5 to 10 business day processing time for all new I-20 or DS-2019 form requests.
- Biographical Information
- F-1 Practical Training
- F-1 Student Services
- Extension of Form I-20 - For students who have not yet finished their current program, and need more time to complete.
- Funding Source Update Form I-20 - For students who have update funding sources. The ISO considers an Research and Teaching Assistantship as the same source.
- New Program Information for Form I-20 - For students who are currently at MIT or on post-completion OPT through MIT's sponsorship, and will start another program at MIT.
- Request for Dependent Form I-20
- Request Replacement of Form I-20 - For students who have lost, damaged their I-20 form or run out of travel signatures space for their I-20s.
- Letter of Family Invitation (F-1)
- Letter of Social Security (F-1)
- J-1 Student Services
- Extension of Form DS-2019 - For students who have not yet finished their current program, and need more time to complete.
- Funding Source Update Form DS-2019 - For students who have update funding sources. The ISO considers an Research and Teaching Assistantship as the same source.
- New Program Information for Form DS-2019
- Request for Dependent Form DS-2019
- Request Replacement of Form DS-2019s - For students who have lost, damaged their DS-2019 form or run out of travel signatures space for their DS-2019s.
- Letter of Family Invitation (J-1)
- Letter of Social Security (J-1)
- Immigration Documents
- International Office
- Upon Arrival
- Online Check-In - for newly admitted students who have just arrived at MIT
- Visiting Student Services (Non-Degree)
Frequently Used Government Forms
- Form I-539
To extend stay as Nonimmigrant or change Nonimmigrant status
(for Change of Status or Reinstatement applications)
- Form I-765
For Employment Authorization/Employment Authorization
(for F-1 Optional Practical Training or J-2 Work Authorization)
- Form I-901
Sevis Fee Payment
(for all new F-1 & J-1 students – must submit before visa application and/or border crossing)