F-2 Visa

Spouse and/or children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join the primary student (F) visa holder in the U.S. for the duration of his/her stay require student dependent visas. F-2 dependents are NOT eligible to study full-time or work in the U.S. under any circumstances.

NOTE: An F-2 visa holder is also not eligible to work physically inside the U.S. for a foreign-based company.
If an F-2 visa holder has an offer to pursue employment in the U.S., the F-2 will need to coordinate with the employer to sponsor, and have approved, a change of visa status to a status that allows employment in the U.S.

Please contact the ISO if any questions arise regarding the F-2 dependent status.