The ISO’s quick answer forum for students.
Please use the Knowledge Base to find instant answers to your questions revolving around immigration regulation, maintenance of legal status, iMIT, and all else related to the ISO.
8 Articles iMIT Troubleshooting
4 Articles Connecting with the ISO
9 Articles Requesting I-20/DS-2019
- Once approved, how long will it take to mail my I-20/DS-2019 to me?
- When can I start working on my Online Check-In?
- How do I know what financial documentation to submit?
- Will my I-20/DS-2019 be express mailed to me?
- What if the program name printed on my I-20 or DS-2019 is different from my MIT program name?
7 Articles Tax Help
- I have not received my Form W-2 or Form 1042-S. Who do I contact to receive a new copy?
- How do I file my U.S. taxes?
- What resources does the ISO provide to help with taxes?
- I forgot to file my tax forms in previous years, what do I do?
- I am unsure of how to file my income tax return, where should I start?
18 Articles Immigration and Travel
16 Articles Maintaining Status
- How do I report a phone number change?
- USDHS Guidance for Fall 2020 Continues for Spring 2021 – posted December 11, 2020
- I can’t finish my program as expected. What do I do?
- Spring 2021 Registration Guidance for International First-Year Students
- How can I drop a subject? Does that impact my visa status?
16 Articles Employment
- How long will it take to get my OPT EAD card?
- I completed a previous Master’s degree in F-1 status in the U.S., but did not apply for and have approved OPT based on that degree. Would I be eligible for OPT during/after completion of a second Master’s degree in the U.S.?
- How do I expedite my OPT application?
- Am I allowed to pursue F-1 OPT during or after multiple degrees I pursue in the U.S.?
- I am graduating, can I still work on-campus at MIT?
5 Articles Miscellaneous
- Can an International Student/Scholar Attend a Protest or Demonstration?
- I need legal advice, where can I go to contact an attorney/lawyer?
- Why do I have an ISO Hold (CE or OC) on my registration and ID card?
- What is MIT’s School Code/Program Number?
- My dependent is going to pursue a full-time degree program, do they need to change their visa status?