The ISO’s quick answer forum for students.
Please use the Knowledge Base to find instant answers to your questions revolving around immigration regulation, maintenance of legal status, iMIT, and all else related to the ISO.
8 Articles iMIT Troubleshooting
4 Articles Connecting with the ISO
9 Articles Requesting I-20/DS-2019
- I’m waiting for my sponsor to issue my funding letters. Can my I-20/DS-2019 be issued before I receive the official award letters?
- How long does it take to review/process my I-20/DS-2019 application after I submit it?
- How do I check the status of my ISO online request?
- Can my I-20/DS-2019 application be expedited?
- Once approved, how long will it take to mail my I-20/DS-2019 to me?
7 Articles Tax Help
19 Articles Immigration and Travel
- What documents should I carry with me when I travel?
- What documents do my family members need to carry if they are traveling and I am not traveling with them?
- Can I enter the US early in tourist visa status to start my degree program?
- Must I apply for my visa from a US Consulate in my home country?
- Can I study at MIT on L1, H1B, A4, G4, or other immigration statuses?
16 Articles Maintaining Status
18 Articles Employment
6 Articles Miscellaneous
- Why do I have an ISO Hold (CE or OC) on my registration and ID card?
- What is MIT’s School Code/Program Number?
- My dependent is going to pursue a full-time degree program, do they need to change their visa status?
- Can an International Student/Scholar Attend a Protest or Demonstration?
- I need legal advice, where can I go to contact an attorney/lawyer?