The ISO’s quick answer forum for students.
Please use the Knowledge Base to find instant answers to your questions revolving around immigration regulation, maintenance of legal status, iMIT, and all else related to the ISO.
8 Articles iMIT Troubleshooting
4 Articles Connecting with the ISO
9 Articles Requesting I-20/DS-2019
- Will my I-20/DS-2019 be express mailed to me?
- What if the program name printed on my I-20 or DS-2019 is different from my MIT program name?
- I’m waiting for my sponsor to issue my funding letters. Can my I-20/DS-2019 be issued before I receive the official award letters?
- How long does it take to review/process my I-20/DS-2019 application after I submit it?
- How do I check the status of my ISO online request?
7 Articles Tax Help
- I forgot to file my tax forms in previous years, what do I do?
- I am unsure of how to file my income tax return, where should I start?
- Trouble accessing Glacier Tax Prep?
- Who can I ask for clarification about my stipend and withheld taxes?
- I have not received my Form W-2 or Form 1042-S. Who do I contact to receive a new copy?
18 Articles Immigration and Travel
16 Articles Maintaining Status
16 Articles Employment
- My spouse will be joining me in the US, can they work?
- I have a non-paid internship offer, do I need work authorization to do the internship?
- I have mailed my OPT application, when can travel outside of the US?
- My OPT application is pending, but I am moving, how do I change my physical and mailing address?
- How do I submit my OPT report?
5 Articles Miscellaneous
- Why do I have an ISO Hold (CE or OC) on my registration and ID card?
- What is MIT’s School Code/Program Number?
- My dependent is going to pursue a full-time degree program, do they need to change their visa status?
- Can an International Student/Scholar Attend a Protest or Demonstration?
- I need legal advice, where can I go to contact an attorney/lawyer?