International Graduate Student Orientation Schedule
All International graduate students must attend a mandatory ISO Immigration Orientation Session with an ISO advisor before the first day of classes. Orientation sessions for new graduate students will be held beginning in August through Registration Day. Check your academic program orientation schedule to verify if there is an ISO Immigration Orientation Session scheduled for part of your program or you can sign-up for a Session on iMIT. You only need to attend one ISO Immigration Orientation Session.
Please use the instructions below to sign up for your program-specific ISO Immigration Orientation Session on iMIT.
- Go to imit.mit.edu and click “Login” under “Full Client Services for Students”
- Enter your kerberos/email information to log in
- After logging into your iMIT account, you will appear on the “Services Home Page”
- View the “Events” menu on right side of the page and scroll to view available scheduled events and select the appropriate ISO Orientation session for your visa type and program:
*All other graduate students should select “Fall 2021 Orientation F-1/J-1 International Students (for MIT degree students)“, and choose from one of the available sessions (Sessions will be posted in iMIT in July 2021).
Fall 2020 ISO F/J International Graduate Student Orientation Session
*Presentation Slides (PDF)
Graduate Student Orientation
The Graduate Student Council (GSC) is responsible for planning the Institute’s official Graduate Student Orientation. In addition to attending orientation sessions offered by your academic programs, the GSC sessions are meant to provide a broad orientation to MIT and life as a graduate student. Remember to check with your department to see if they are holding mandatory orientations for you so you can be sure to attend as many sessions offered by your academic department and the GSC.
Please note the video links provided below are accessible only after you have signed into Zoom. All MIT students with a Kerberos have access to Zoom. In order to sign in, please go to go to mit.zoom.us and click “Sign In.” Once you have signed in, you can return to this page and view the videos.
English Evaluation Test
All new international graduate students who are pursuing a degree at MIT and are non-native English speakers must attend the English Evaluation Test (EET) starting Tuesday, August 26, 2021, to Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
The EET will be delivered remotely, via an MIT Canva Site, and is composed of two parts:
- Part 1 (August 26th to August 29th): A reading and writing task, submitted online; AND
- Part 2 (August 30th to September 1st): A short interview conducted via Zoom.
For an FAQ on the EET please click here.