ISO CLOSED for Winter Break; Operate VIRTUALLY During First Weeks of IAP
The ISO, and most MIT offices, will be closed for the Winter Holiday Break. The ISO will be closed, starting on Thursday, December 23, 2021 (3:00pm Eastern U.S. Time).
The ISO will re-open (VIRTUALLY, no walk-in hours) on Monday, January 3, 2022 (9:00am Eastern U.S. Time).
If you need to reach the ISO during Winter Break, please email the ISO (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the ISO main phone number (617-253-3795) and leave a voicemail for ISO Staff to respond as quickly as possible.
If you encounter an emergency situation (e.g., being denied entry/reentry to the U.S., or being detained by a government official requiring additional information, visa application issues, etc.), then please call the ISO emergency phone number (+1-617-258-5480). The ISO emergency phone number is NOT to be used to report a successful entry into the U.S., only if you encounter an emergency situation at the U.S. port-of-entry.
Per MIT guidance for IAP 2022 operations, the ISO will operate VIRTUALLY (no walk-in hours) from Monday, January 3, 2022 through Friday, January 21, 2022.
The ISO will re-open with limited walk-in hours beginning on Monday, January 24, 2022. Walk-in hours beginning January 24 will mirror the office hours during the Fall 2021 semester: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 10:00am-3:00pm; Wednesdays from 1:00pm-3:00pm.
Remember, you can always find helpful information on the ISO website and at the following links:
- For information on visas and travel – visit our Visas and Travel Guidance webpage.
- For continuous immigration news and updates – visit our News and Announcements webpage.
- For important immigration information – visit our Major Immigration Updates and Alerts webpage.
- For information on working in the U.S. – visit our Employment webpage.
- For information on your immigration reporting requirements:
- For everything related to MIT and COVID-19 (including campus access and testing information), please visit the MIT’s Response to COVID-19 webpage.