The ISO’s quick answer forum for students.
Please use the Knowledge Base to find instant answers to your questions revolving around immigration regulation, maintenance of legal status, iMIT, and all else related to the ISO.
8 Articles iMIT Troubleshooting
4 Articles Connecting with the ISO
9 Articles Requesting I-20/DS-2019
- How do I know what financial documentation to submit?
- Will my I-20/DS-2019 be express mailed to me?
- What if the program name printed on my I-20 or DS-2019 is different from my MIT program name?
- I’m waiting for my sponsor to issue my funding letters. Can my I-20/DS-2019 be issued before I receive the official award letters?
- How long does it take to review/process my I-20/DS-2019 application after I submit it?
7 Articles Tax Help
21 Articles Immigration and Travel
16 Articles Maintaining Status
18 Articles Employment
- I am graduating, can I still work on-campus at MIT?
- My F-1 OPT/STEM OPT application has been approved but the EAD card issued has the wrong dates, how can I get this corrected?
- My spouse will be joining me in the US, can they work?
- For F-1 Off-Campus Employment, all positions must be directly related to my MIT degree “major field of study” – is there any guidance on how to determine “directly related”?
- I have a non-paid internship offer, do I need work authorization to do the internship?
6 Articles Miscellaneous
- How much money/cash can I bring with me (on my person) to the U.S.?
- Why do I have an ISO Hold (CE or OC) on my registration and ID card?
- What is MIT’s School Code/Program Number?
- My dependent is going to pursue a full-time degree program, do they need to change their visa status?
- Can an International Student/Scholar Attend a Protest or Demonstration?