The ISO’s quick answer forum for students.
Please use the Knowledge Base to find instant answers to your questions revolving around immigration regulation, maintenance of legal status, iMIT, and all else related to the ISO.
8 Articles iMIT Troubleshooting
4 Articles Connecting with the ISO
9 Articles Requesting I-20/DS-2019
- When can I start working on my Online Check-In?
- How do I know what financial documentation to submit?
- Will my I-20/DS-2019 be express mailed to me?
- What if the program name printed on my I-20 or DS-2019 is different from my MIT program name?
- I’m waiting for my sponsor to issue my funding letters. Can my I-20/DS-2019 be issued before I receive the official award letters?
7 Articles Tax Help
21 Articles Immigration and Travel
16 Articles Maintaining Status
18 Articles Employment
- How do I expedite my OPT application?
- Am I allowed to pursue F-1 OPT during or after multiple degrees I pursue in the U.S.?
- I am graduating, can I still work on-campus at MIT?
- My F-1 OPT/STEM OPT application has been approved but the EAD card issued has the wrong dates, how can I get this corrected?
- My spouse will be joining me in the US, can they work?
6 Articles Miscellaneous
- I need legal advice, where can I go to contact an attorney/lawyer?
- How much money/cash can I bring with me (on my person) to the U.S.?
- Why do I have an ISO Hold (CE or OC) on my registration and ID card?
- What is MIT’s School Code/Program Number?
- My dependent is going to pursue a full-time degree program, do they need to change their visa status?